Wednesday, December 23, 2020
I love having family and friends come to visit. Entertaining & cooking are two of my love languages, so it's exciting getting the guest room ready for people. Guests have told me the bedding smells so crisp and fresh, and the love the extra touches. That makes me feel good.
Here's a few more of my most simple essentials to make a guest room 5 star without draining a lot of your time or money!
1. Sleepy and heavenly. It's so important to have quality sheets and bedding, to pamper your guests. Stick with a 1000+ thread count, with a quality Egyptian cotton. You can find a few good deals on Amazon. Add a mattress topper to make it like a heavenly cloud. When cleaning the bedding, I double the fabric softener. Put 1 capful in wash cycle and 1 capful in the rinse cycle, and place a bounce sheet in pillow cases.
2. Invest in a luggage rack. You can find a quality luggage rack, wood or metal frame online. This helps prevent guests from having to bend over to reach luggage on the floor.
3. Make a coffee station with snacks. Tea, coffee and hot cocoa are a treat to have in your guest room. I like the Single serve Keurig brewing stations, they offer many beverage choices and don't take much space The snacks, also help with late night munchies. Don't forget to place 2 bottled waters in the room, no charge of course!
4. Include Robes & Slippers. Placing robes in a guest room, truly make a guest feel pampered. It takes your guest room to a whole new level, just like a posh hotel.
5. Go the extra mile. Chocolate on the pillow, a bottle of wine with glasses, can make a guest feel welcome & loved! It's my way of letting guests know, they are special, and deserving of 5 star treatment.
This post is not sponsored by any brands.